When purchasing on Amazon, you’ll probably discover a wide range of specials and promotions that can help you get better deals.
Amazon provides several payment options, including using gift cards and promotional codes to pay for purchases from your promotional balance. So, what is a promotional balance on Amazon?
What Is Promotional Balance on Amazon?
Promotional balance on Amazon is the balance of all accumulated gift cards, discount codes, and credits on your Amazon account. This balance is visible in your Amazon wallet and is accessible through your account. You can buy different items on Amazon using the promotional balance.
You can use your promotional balance on Amazon to get different items from Amazon. Keep reading to find out why you have a promotional balance on Amazon and what items you can use to buy.
Why Do I Have a Promotional Balance on Amazon?
Amazon considers different balances like your gift card balance, promotional codes, and credit available in your account. This is called your promotional balance.
You have a promotional balance on Amazon earned as rewards, such as perks for using Amazon’s credit card or points for choosing the no-rush shipping alternative.
You can use your promotional balance to purchase different Amazon digital categories like Amazon MP3, Prime Video, the Amazon Appstore, game and software downloads, and Kindle books.
How to Check Your Promotional Credit Balance on Amazon
So, how do you go about checking your promotional credit balance on Amazon?
- Sign into your Amazon account and check your payments to see your Amazon promotional balance.
- Your saved payment methods, such as checking accounts, credit cards, and debit cards, will be visible in the Amazon wallet. Directly below the standard payment methods is a section for prizes and balances.
- You may locate any remaining promotional balances in the rewards and balances section, such as Amazon gift cards, promotional coupons, and other credits.
- You can save these promotional balances in your Amazon Wallet and apply the balance to any qualified Amazon transaction to acquire your preferred goods.
However, you will be charged on your credit card if the cost of the item you wish to purchase is greater than the promotional balance.
What Is a $10 Promotional Balance on Amazon?
You get $10 from Amazon for using some of your Prime Membership’s perks. If you are not a member currently, you can join Prime and receive a free trial that lasts for 30 days. After that, it will cost $139.99 for an entire year or $14.99 each month.
Does Amazon Promotional Balance Expire?
You can only use some promotional rewards within a specific time. Once that time is over, your promotional credit becomes invalid. Your discount will not be applied if you don’t use the promotional code or credit before it expires.
Usually, after you receive the email containing the promotional code, the code will expire 30 days later. However, your points do not expire if you’re an Amazon card holder. If you have a good credit score (above 670), you can get an Amazon credit card and enjoy many other perks.
How to Use Your Promotional Credit Balance on Amazon
- Visit the terms and conditions of the promotion or adhere to the deal’s instructions.
- Add a product that qualifies to the shopping cart.
- Enter the promotion code in the Gift Cards and Promotional Codes area of the order form on the “Choose a payment method” page or the “Place Your Order” page. Then, choose “Apply.”
- There shouldn’t be any blank spaces anywhere near the promotion code.
- Continue to the checkout. Before submitting your order, verify the pricing on the final checkout page to see if the promotional code is valid.
- The promotion stays on your account until it is used or expires if, for whatever reason, you don’t place an order at that time.
What do I do when Amazon’s Promotional Credit Is Not Showing Up?
- Open your Amazon account and log in.
- On the Credit Redeem page, Select “Enter Your Code” from the menu. The vast majority of your credit balances will be displayed in a dialogue box.
- To view your No-Rush Reward Balances and their expiration dates, click on the NoRushCredits page. (Comprises Prime Now Rewards and Digital Rewards).
You can only purchase goods offered by “Amazon Digital Services LLC.” Amazon only promotes its products using promotional credit, not those offered by independent, third-party vendors.
- Find a product (any digital product sold by Amazon)
- Add it to your cart, start the checkout process, and look for it under the “mode of payment” section toward the bottom. If you have one, it will be listed under the heading “Promotional Credit.”
- Check the “Sold By” name on the product page.
- Search under the “Mode of Payment” area for your credit; you can determine whether it is a third-party seller. If it isn’t displayed, you know the product isn’t eligible.
If your promotional balance is no longer visible, you’ve likely used it, or it’s expired. You can call customer support at (888) 280-4331 to check if you have a promotional credit available on your account.
Can a Promotional Balance Be Used on All Amazon Items?
You cannot use the promotional balance for all items on Amazon. However, there are a lot of Amazon items you can pay for with a promotional balance.
You can always locate what’s popular on Amazon and see whether any of it qualifies for a promotional balance. You will see a discount on the total cost of your order if the promotion is still valid.
How to Find Promotional Items on Amazon
Add a product that qualifies to the shopping cart. Enter the promotion code in the order form’s Gift Cards and Promotional Codes area on the “Choose a payment method” or the “Place Your Order” page. Choose “Apply.”
Each promotional balance offered by Amazon has its own set of terms and conditions, and you can only use the promotional balance for qualified items on Amazon.
Your Amazon promotional balance is the balance of all accumulated discount promo codes, gift cards, and credits on your Amazon account. Amazon allows you to buy many digital products using your promotional balance for qualifying items. You cannot purchase audiobooks or shop at Amazon Wholefoods using promotional balance.
Welcome to CompanyScouts! I am Jake, the founder of CompanyScouts. I hold an Msc in Economics and Business Administration. With a deep interest in the consumer segment, I strive to help people get to know their favorite companies even better.