Thousands of customers use their reward points daily to shop on Amazon. But if you use your reward points to shop but decide to cancel your order, will Amazon refund your reward points? And does Amazon treat these points like any other payment method?
Amazon can refund reward points to customers, but only if you used them to make an Amazon purchase that you later decided not to complete. When you cancel the purchase, Amazon will refund your points similarly to how they would with other payment methods.
Amazon refunds reward points, but there’s a catch. Read on to see the conditions for Amazon reward point refunds, how long it takes for Amazon to reimburse rewards points and more.
There are many things you can use your Amazon reward points for. You can use it to shop at Amazon.com, get cash back, get gift cards or use it for travel.
If you have a lot of Amazon points and are unsure of what to do with them, you may be tempted to use them on the website or buy games and apps. However, there are other uses for them outside of making purchases, and one of those uses is to receive cash back through Amazon points.
If you are looking for how to redeem your Amazon points for cash, here’s how to go about it:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Click on “Accounts & Lists”
- Scroll through the options on the far right and select “Your Amazon Credit Cards.”
- You will see the rewards that are available now and the rewards that will be available on your next statement.
- Go to “View Accounts Summary.”
- Log in to your rewards card account.
- Click the drop-down menu “Things you can do.”
- Select Rewards details, and it will take you to your rewards dashboard.
- Select “Cash Back.”
- Enter the amount you need from your reward point balance
- Scroll down and enter the selected account you want to redeem the cash.
- Click “Continue”
- Then Confirm and Submit.
You must have an Amazon Prime rewards credit card and online access to your rewards card account.
You should get the cash into your account within three business days, and they will send you a confirmation to your email.
How Long Does It Take for Amazon to Refund Reward Points?
If you request a refund, it may take 48 hours to 5 business days for Amazon to refund your reward points. Whether or not Amazon can refund your reward points depends on whether the item has shipped.
If the item has shipped, it may take longer for Amazon to refund your reward points. This is because you’ll have to ship the item back, and it may take some time for Amazon to process your return.
So, generally, it will take Amazon 3 to 5 business days (or sometimes more) to refund your reward points after receiving a returned item (i.e., if they had delivered the item before you requested a refund). If you cancel your order and ask for refund before the item ships, you’ll get your reward points back quicker.
But note that if you placed your order through a third-party seller, the seller’s return policy would determine when or if you’re likely to receive your refund.
Amazon rewards points are linked to your personal information or credit cards, so they’re not going anywhere unless you want them to. Also, as long as you’re an Amazon cardholder, your points will not expire. So, no, your points are not expired.
Sign in to your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Account to check your Amazon reward points and your rewards history. Here, you can see how many reward points you have left (and their dollar equivalent) and a list of all the items you have purchased with the point.
You can also see all the points you’ve earned per purchase on Chase.com. Once logged in, go to “See Account Activity” and select the plus sign next to transactions to see more details.
Note, however, that if you can’t find your reward points, you should check if it is a result of one of the factors listed below:
- Ensure you are still enrolled in the program as an Amazon card holder.
- Refresh the page if you are having trouble seeing your Rewards Points.
- Check that the point has completed the billing period cycle
- Check that you have not used your reward points at one point or the other.
Bear in mind that if you share the information about the rewards program with other family members, they might also spend the points.
Even though you know you don’t play aimlessly with your Rewards Points, it is still helpful to always be aware of your reward points balance.
How Much Are 1000 Amazon Points Worth?
Your Amazon points have a 1% dollar value, so every Amazon point is about 1% of the points’ value in dollars, making 100 Amazon Points equivalent to $1. So, 1,000 Amazon Points equals 10 USD, 2,000 Amazon Points is equivalent to 20 USD, and so on.
So, how many points you have will determine how much in USD you can spend. Remember that you can get this dollar amount as cash back into any account of your choice—checking accounts, credit cards, etc. There’s no limit to how many points you can have or earn.
Amazon Points are part of a loyalty program that rewards customers with points for purchasing certain items. The more you spend on Amazon, the more points you earn.
Points can also be used as internet currency to purchase anything from electronics to groceries. You can even convert them to cash and use them to pay your bills!
Amazon reward points don’t expire for as long as you maintain your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. So, your reward points will still be valid after a long time.
Also, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature cardholders automatically register for the Shop with Points program. If you haven’t already been registered, put your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card in your wallet, and you’ll immediately get registered.
Sometimes, your Amazon Shop with Points may not work. But this could be due to several reasons. There are a couple of things you can do if you’re having issues with your Amazon shop points:
- Look into your internet connection. Before you try to shop with the points again, confirm that your internet connection is solid and reliable.
- Relaunch the Amazon shopping app. The app will be refreshed, which might resolve the problem. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the App or restart your device.
- Clear the Amazon app’s cache and data. Your app will be reset when you do this, which might also resolve the problem.
- Check the Amazon app for updates. To address a bug or problem, an update is occasionally required.
After attempting these suggestions, if your Amazon shop points are still giving you problems, get in touch with Amazon customer service for more help.
Amazon can refund reward points if you bought the items with reward points and canceled the order before it shipped or returned an item and requested a refund. Customers can get cash back for their Amazon reward points, and these points do not expire. Every 100 points equal 1 USD.