Amazon is a giant e-commerce company that ships internationally, delivering orders to over 100 regions and countries outside the United States.
If you’re on the beautiful island of Hawaii or want to send an item there, you might wonder if Amazon delivers to Hawaii. So, does Amazon deliver to Hawaii?
Amazon delivers to Hawaii. However, deliveries to Hawaii are subject to certain restrictions like the size and weight of the item, whether the item is hazardous, and the address you want to deliver to. If your item can’t ship to Hawaii, an error message will appear on the checkout page.
If your item is too heavy or wide, Amazon will not be able to deliver it to Hawaii because of the limited transport options. Keep reading to find out more about Amazon deliveries to Hawaii.
If you want to ship Amazon products to Hawaii, the shipping time to Hawaii from the U.S. mainland is 3–7 business days.
Standard shipping is the cheapest option, but it also takes the longest. If you’d like to receive your delivery faster, you should consider expedited or priority shipping.
Always check the estimated delivery date on the product page to get an idea of how long it will take for your package to arrive.
- Standard shipping takes 3–7 business days.
- Expedited shipping takes 2–5 business days.
- Priority shipping takes 1–4 business days.
You’ll have to pay extra for expedited shipping and priority shipping. But expedited and priority shipping isn’t available for P.O. Boxes in Hawaii.
Standard shipping to Hawaii generally costs between $5 to $13 per shipment; Expedited shipping costs between $16 to $21 per shipment; Priority shipping costs between $22 to $33 per shipment.
While Prime Members in Hawaii still get the standard free shipping, they do not get the 2-day delivery guarantee.
There are two ways to ship to Hawaii from Amazon. The first is to ensure that your default address is set to Hawaii. Here’s how to enter an address in Hawaii when ordering from Amazon.
- Navigate to “accounts & lists,” then click accounts.
- Go to “1-click settings” in the “ordering and shopping preferences” list.
- The shipped items will then be displayed after you enter your Hawaii address.
Another option for shipping Amazon items to Hawaii is using a package forwarding service. The following are the steps to using this service:
- Open a package forwarding account with the appropriate company.
- Your Amazon order will be accepted and shipped to your Hawaiian address.
- You will be notified via mobile device or email if there is a new update on your purchase location.
- You will then be able to select the time for delivery of your shipment when the goods arrive at the forwarder’s address in the United States, as well as whether or not you want insurance on the goods.
While most items sold on Amazon.com can be shipped to any address in Hawaii, some specific items are not available for shipping to Hawaii. This can be due to Hawaiian regulations, the size and weight of the items, or how hazardous they are.
Here’s a list of items that can be shipped to Hawaii:
- Loose stones
- Video games
- Cell phones
- Health and personal care
- Home and Garden
- Industrial and Scientific
- Kitchen and hardware
- Pet supplies
- Office products
- Amazon gift cards
However, some items can’t be shipped to Hawaii due to shipping restrictions:
- Firearms and ammunition
- Badminton racquets without strings
- Grills with propane cylinders
- Tubs with built-in electric motors
- Horse saddles
- Archery sets
- Bow and arrow sets (including the bow)
- All pipes related to the use of illicit drugs, such as smoking pipes
- Articles containing cat or dog fur
- Certain foodstuffs and carpets of Iranian origin
- Counterfeit coins, stamps, currencies, or other securities of any government or states used in creating such counterfeits
- Hemp products such as cosmetics and clothing that contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Immoral articles include films, pictures and writings, and other dangerous items.
Amazon will not ship these items to any state or country. If you try to order these items, Amazon may remove them from your order before it is processed.
Because Hawaii is a noncontiguous state, Amazon has limited delivery options to get some items there. For instance, packages will have to be delivered by air and not by truck, limiting the items they can deliver.
Items weighing more than 70 lbs or having a length or girth of more than 108 inches cannot be shipped to Hawaii. Shipping restrictions also apply to hazardous materials (hazmat), such as lithium batteries.
Does Amazon Have a Facility in Hawaii?
Amazon does not have a warehouse, distribution center, or facility in Hawaii. However, there are plans to build a distribution center near Honolulu. Once this multi-level facility is built, shipping speeds to Hawaii will increase.
Shipping to Hawaii is free with Amazon Prime. Prime members who live in Hawaii or want to ship packages there can still get free shipping, though it will take 3–7 days to get their package.
Amazon does not have free shipping to Hawaii for non-Prime Members. Shipping costs depend on the product you’re ordering and your chosen shipping method (standard, expedited, or priority).
Does Amazon Prime Count in Hawaii?
Amazon Prime works almost the same way in Hawaii as it does on the mainland. However, there are a few benefits Amazon does not guarantee, such as same-day shipping or two-day delivery.
However, you can still enjoy your Prime benefits in Hawaii, like the streaming and reading benefits on its site.
You can return items delivered to Hawaii within 30 days after it has been delivered. It can take up to 25 days for an item to reach Amazon and an extra seven business days for the refund to show in your account.
It is not expensive to return Amazon deliveries to Hawaii, and it’s sometimes free. Amazon offers different methods to return deliveries from Hawaii.
- UPS pickup: If Amazon accepts your return grounds, you’ll get a UPS label with a QR code. Package the item to be returned, hand it over to the UPS driver at your doorstep, and have them scan the label.
- DHL express pickup: visit Your Orders, select your pickup option, and await return instructions from Amazon in your email. After 30 minutes, visit the MyDHL+ website to choose a pickup schedule that works for you.
- DHL Express dropoff: choose a convenient dropoff location to drop off goods at locations convenient for you.
Amazon can deliver your order to Hawaii. Whether or not your package will ship to Hawaii depends on the item’s size and weight or whether your item is a hazardous material. Standard delivery takes 3–7 business days to arrive and costs about $5–$13 per shipment.
Welcome to CompanyScouts! I am Jake, the founder of CompanyScouts. I hold an Msc in Economics and Business Administration. With a deep interest in the consumer segment, I strive to help people get to know their favorite companies even better.