Apple Pay is one of the most innovative contactless payment methods available today, with all forward-thinking organizations embracing this dream.
Many Americans are curious to know if they can use Apple Pay to make Amazon purchases. So, can you use Apple Pay on Amazon?
Can You Use Apple Pay on Amazon?
You cannot use Apple Pay on Amazon directly. However, by using your digital wallet, you can make payments on Amazon with your apple card. You cannot use Apple Pay on Amazon because both parties are yet to come to an agreement about the use of Apple’s payment service on Amazon.
While you might not be able to directly use Apple Pay on Amazon to pay for products and services, you can find a way around it. Keep reading for more information on how to use Apple Pay on Amazon without stress.
How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon
Amazon does not directly accept Apple Pay, and most customers still have trouble finding businesses that do. Therefore, consumers usually have to use their Apple Card to use Apple Pay on Amazon.
But how does the Apple Card work? Apple Cards work just like our typical credit and debit cards. So, you will need to add details such as your Apple Card number and other essential card details into the required fields.
Once you add your details, you can proceed to make payments for all your purchases on Amazon.
Here’s how you can use the Apple payment system on Amazon without stress:
- Go over to your Amazon App and open it
- Log in to your Amazon account if you are not logged in already
- Scroll down to the accounts icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on ‘Your Payments’
- In the ‘Wallet’ section, click on ‘Add.’ The ‘Add’ icon is just opposite the ‘Cards and Accounts’ section
- Click on the option to add a credit or debit card.
- Enter your Apple Card information (In case you do not have access to this information on your card, simply go to the credit card icon displayed on the upper right portion of your screen, copy the number and paste it in the space provided)
- You can check the Set as default payment method’ option if you want to use the card for all your payments without entering the details or picking a card in the ‘payment’ section every time.
- Click on ‘Save’
- If you did not set the card as the default payment method, you would have to click on ‘Payment information and select the card every time you are about to check out all orders.
Why Can You Not Use Apple Pay on Amazon?
You cannot currently use Apple Pay on Amazon because both parties are yet to come to a direct agreement about the use of Apple’s payment service on Amazon.
However, with recent developments and innovations in payment solutions on most e-commerce websites and shipping companies, Amazon may soon decide to include the Apple Pay option as part of its payment options.
But even when this payment method is approved, the use of Apple Pay on Amazon will still be in its early stages. So, if Amazon allows vendors to accept Apple Pay, individual vendors will have to enable the feature for full implementation.
Soon, customers will be able to easily use Apple Pay on Amazon, but they have to use their Apple Card for now. Payments via Apple Cards are accepted for all Amazon services, and the process is similar to adding a credit or debit card to one’s Amazon account.
Does Amazon Take Apple Card?
Yes, Amazon takes Apple Cards. Once you have successfully linked your Apple Card with your account, you’re good to go and can make payment for any goods or services.
You can choose to either make the Apple Card your default payment method for all your Amazon payments or go through the process of selecting the option in the payment information section.
Does Amazon Accept Apple Cash?
No, Amazon does not accept Apple Cash. However, if you insist on using Apple cash on Amazon, there are processes to follow:
- Simply download the Apple Cash App and install it on your iPhone.
- Fill in all the necessary details.
- Link your Apple Card
- Fund your wallet
- Use it to pay your Apple Card (which has been added as a payment option on your Amazon Account)
Alternatives to Apple Pay on Amazon
The most popular alternatives to Apple Pay on Amazon are:
- Visa Checkout
These are the two known alternatives to Apple Pay on Amazon. With time, Amazon may accept more payment options and achievable alternatives to Apple Pay.
When Amazon begins to accept Apple Pay on its website, customers will be able to use the digital wallet instead of traditional payment or card transactions. This may also depend on how soon individual vendors enable the feature.
Amazon does not currently accept Apple Pay on Amazon, and this is because Apple and Amazon have yet to agree on the use of Apple Pay on Amazon. However, you can easily use your Apple Card on Amazon to pay for products and services.