Did you recently buy an item online from Walmart.com but want to return it to a physical Walmart store?
You may want to return your online order to Walmart for many reasons, e.g., the purchase arrived broken, faulty, or different. But can you return Walmart online orders in-store?
Walmart allows you to return items you buy online to their store. However, these items must be eligible to qualify and must be returned with either their receipt or order number. You can return most online orders to Walmart stores within 90 days of receipt to get refunds or replacements.
- You can return an item you bought online from Walmart.com to a physical Walmart store.
- You can also return items by mail, drop them off at a FedEx location, or schedule a Walmart pickup.
- Return items within the accepted return policy period. While most items have a 90-day return period, others could have 15, 30, or 60 days.
Keep reading to see how to return an item you purchased online from Walmart.com to a physical store. Find out if there are any restrictions, what other return options are available, and more.
If you just bought an item online from Walmart.com and would like to return it to a Walmart store, here’s how to go about it.
- Log in to your Walmart account on the Walmart app or website.
- Choose your Purchase History.
- Locate the order that has the item you would like to return from the list of orders.
- Select the Order Details
- Choose to Start a Return option.
- Ensure to mark the item you want to return.
- Select Continue
- Choose the reason for your return.
- Click on Next
- Choose whether you want a refund or replacement
- Hit Next (you can add comments if you wish)
- Walmart will ask you to choose the return method. Choose to return at Walmart Store.
- Select Continue
- Review your return and be sure you filled in the correct information
- Hit Submit.
- Print out the barcode on your screen.
When you’re ready to return the item to the store, take the printed slip and the confirmation email. You must return all Walmart items with a receipt. However, if you have misplaced your receipt, Walmart allows you to return your item using a valid government-issued ID instead.
But you can only return items using your government three times in 45 days. If you misplace your receipt and want to use your ID to return items for the fourth time in 45 days, you might have to wait until the next month to try.
Though Walmart operates a flexible return policy that covers a wide variety of items, you cannot return some items after purchase on Walmart.com. These items include:
- Software delivered by mail
- Pepper spray
- Used Mattresses
- Opened diabetic supplies and other health and beauty items.
- Ammunition and firearms
- Home diagnostic testing kits (e.g., pregnancy tests and COVID-19 kits)
- Gift cards
Walmart allows for a return period of 90 days for most returns to be valid for either a refund or a replacement. So, if you try to process a return after 90 days, Walmart may not accept or process your return.
However, not all orders have a 90-day return period. For example, you must return prepaid wireless and postpaid (contract) cellular phones within 14 days.
You must return most electronics like digital cameras, PCs, PC components, electric scooters, new and used drones, etc., within 30 days. You can also cancel Applecare+ or Walmart Protection Plans within 30 days.
You must return prescription glasses, hearing aids, and contacts within 60 days; and return perennials, shrubs, and trees after one year. Walmart’s standard return policy also allows for extended holiday returns.
The store manager will ultimately decide whether or not your order is eligible for a refund. Most Walmart stores are open for returns between 7 am and 11 pm on weekdays and from 8 am to 10 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
At Walmart, in-store returns are not the only type of returns possible. Other return options for Walmart online orders include:
- Return by mail. Attach your return label to your package and drop it off at a FedEx or UPS location.
- Drop off at a FedEx station. Attach your return label to your package and drop it off at a FedEx location.
- Schedule a pickup with Walmart. Walmart will be the one to come pick it up.
You can return an item you purchased online from Walmart.com to their physical stores.
Alternatively, you can return the item by mail, drop it off at a FedEx station, or schedule a Walmart pickup.
There are some restrictions to Walmart returns and different items may have different return periods—14 days, 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. While you must return Walmart items with purchase receipts, Walmart may sometimes accept your government ID if you don’t have a receipt.