If you made an order at Walmart but are unavailable to pick up the order yourself, you may wonder if someone else can pick up your Walmart order for you.
Keep reading to find out.
Walmart does allow someone else to pick up your order. To do so, head to your Walmart order history and select your order to edit the pickup person. Add the required information, and the person is now eligible to pick up your Walmart order.
- You can add someone else to pick up your Walmart order by editing the pickup person.
- Anyone you appoint to pick up your Walmart order must bring a valid ID at pickup.
- Changing a pickup person takes about 4 hours to process on the Walmart app.
How can someone else pick up your Walmart curbside order? Keep reading to see how to add a pickup person to a Walmart order and how long it takes for the change to process.
To change the pickup person on the Walmart website, follow the below instructions.
- Log in to your Walmart account.
- Go to your order history.
- Locate the order you want to modify and select the “Edit” option to edit pickup person.
- Change or add the name and contact information of the pickup person.
- Save the changes before closing the page.
- Check that the modified information reflects in your order.
Here’s how to change the pickup person on the Walmart app:
- Open your Walmart app.
- Tap the account icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Find “Order” and click on “See Details.”
- Tap the “Edit” option beside “Current Pickup Person.”
- Change the pickup person and also add the information of the alternate pickup person.
Suppose your current Walmart pickup location is too far from where you or the alternative pickup person is. In that case, you can change your Walmart store for pickup before Walmart finishes processing your order.
However, you cannot change the location of the Walmart pickup store once your order is ready for pickup.
For greater convenience, Walmart allows you to add more than one person to pick up your Walmart order. You can add a primary pickup person and an alternate pickup person.
And whoever is picking up your Walmart order must either be your appointed primary or alternate pickup person. If one of them cannot make it, the other person might be able to pick up your order.
How Long Does It Take for the Walmart App to Process a Pickup Person Change?
It takes 4 hours to process a pickup person change on the Walmart app.
But what if you cannot pick up your Walmart order yourself and your partner or friend happens to be at or around the pickup point? Can they help you even if they are not a designated pickup person on your Walmart account?
You would not be able to add them up via the Walmart app soon enough to have them pick them up for you. However, you might be able to call your local Walmart customer care service to help you add that person to pick up your order.
Walmart pickup service allows you to assign someone else to pick up your Walmart orders. You can add a pickup person before or after checkout. Walmart allows you to choose a primary and alternative pickup person.
When you change your pickup person, it takes about 4 hours for Walmart to update the pickup person’s information. Whoever is picking up your Walmart order must be a currently designated pickup person and have a valid ID and the order details.