Do you want to know how often and on what day items will go on clearance at Walmart?
Read on to learn about Walmart’s clearance schedule and how to get the best in-store and online deals!
Walmart marks down its items for clearance during the first 5 days of every month. So, to get the best deals, you should shop at the beginning of the month, not the end. The store also provides sale prices at the end of summer and winter months on seasonal products.
- Walmart items are marked down during the first 5 days of the month.
- Seasonal items are put on clearance at the end of the summer or winter months.
- You can find clearance items on Walmart.com by navigating to the Clearance page.
Now, we will discuss when certain items at Walmart will be marked down and a whole lot more!
If you want to learn everything there is to know about Walmart’s clearance schedule this article is for you.
You should understand that most products at Walmart get marked down to clearance prices during the first 5 days of every month.
However, some specific products have a slightly different schedule.
Here is when some of Walmart’s most popular items will be marked down:
- Meat: One day before their “best by” date.
- Furniture: During the first 5 days of the month.
- Supplies: During the first 5 days of the month.
- Outdoor Furniture: Late August to early October.
- Clothes: During the first 5 days of the month.
- Grills: Late August to early October.
- Plants: Late August to early October.
- Summer Items: Late August to early October.
As you can see, items popular in the summer months always go on clearance at the end of the season.
That also means that if you’re looking for winter items, such as snow chains, shovels, holiday decorations, etc., you now know they will go on clearance at the beginning of the spring season.
When you shop in Walmart stores, it is usually quite clear which items are on clearance, as you will see a discounted price tag. But how do you find clearance items on Walmart.com?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Walmart.com or the Walmart app on your device.
- Click the Departments icon on the top left corner of the page.
- Select Savings & Features Shops from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll over and click Clearance.
That’s all there is to it! The page will now show you only items on clearance on Walmart.com.
While some people believe hidden clearance items at Walmart only to be a myth, they are, in fact, very real.
Essentially, a hidden clearance item at Walmart is one that does not have a discounted price tag, but when you go to purchase it, you get charged a reduced price.
Although it might seem like magic, there is actually a very logical explanation.
Here’s what happens:
- Walmart’s corporate office decides what goes on sale and when.
- They then change the price of the items in the Walmart system.
- Employees in stores are then responsible for changing the physical price tags on the items to reflect the clearance price.
- A hidden clearance occurs when the price has been charged by the corporate office, but Walmart employees have not had time to change the in-store price tag.
While hidden clearance items can be a fun surprise when you get to the checkout desk, you can also download the Walmart mobile app and use it to find them!
All you need to do is scan price tags as you walk around the store, and the app will show you the true price in the system.
Walmart’s clearance schedule is the same in every store: They reduce the price tags during the first 5 days of the month.
However, you can also find seasonal items on clearance at the end of the winter and summer months.
You can easily find clearance items on Walmart.com by navigating to the clearance page under the Departments icon.