Amazon Prime is a subscription service that gives its members access to several Amazon perks like free and fast shipping, exclusive streaming services, and so on.
If you are a Prime Member, you may wonder if Netflix is a membership benefit. So is Netflix free with Amazon Prime?
Netflix is not free with Amazon Prime and must be paid for as a separate service. Netflix costs $9.99 to $19.99, depending on your subscription plan. You can add the Netflix channel to your Amazon Fire Stick device or enjoy free video streaming through your Amazon Prime Video account.
Since Netflix is not free on Amazon Prime, what can you do to enjoy top streaming services? Are there other options? Or can you use Amazon Prime with Netflix? Keep reading to find out more about Netflix and Amazon streaming services.
Amazon does not provide Netflix. This is because neither company has an agreement with the other, meaning subscribers cannot access their content through the other’s platform.
However, Amazon does have its streaming service, which it offers through its Prime video subscription service. So, even with an Amazon Prime membership, you can watch Netflix for free or at a discounted rate.
If you want to watch Netflix with Amazon Prime, you’ll have to pay for both Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions.
While you cannot watch Netflix for free as an Amazon Prime Member, you can watch and stream your favorite shows on Amazon Prime Video. But you’ll have to subscribe separately if you want to see Netflix originals or “Only on Netflix” shows.
Netflix’s subscription plans range from $9.99 for the basic plan to $19.99 for the premium.
Since Netflix is not free on Amazon Prime, you may wonder which streaming services to choose since you either pay for both memberships or choose one.
Is Amazon Prime better than Netflix? Here’s a comparison between the two streaming services to help you decide:
- A Netflix subscription only allows you to stream movies, TV shows, and documentaries. In contrast, an Amazon Prime membership will enable you to stream movies and videos and grant you access to free music, free shipping, and other Prime benefits.
- If you do like to watch movies but also other content like series and documentaries while being able to listen to music and play games, the Amazon Prime video subscription is your best bet.
- Netflix’s user interface is more straightforward and user-friendly than Amazon Prime Video’s.
- Netflix’s subscription is less cost-effective than Amazon Prime Video.
- Netflix is accessible on more devices than Amazon Prime Video, and it has apps for all these devices, so it will work better for you if you want to view your shows on a tablet, phone, smart TV, or computer.
Choosing between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video is all yours, and you can also go for both if you so wish.
If you shop a lot online on Amazon, then an Amazon Prime Membership could be ideal for you.
Apart from access to Amazon Prime Video, your Amazon Prime membership offers other benefits like free shipping, exclusive discounts on products, free ebooks, free games, free two-day or free one-day delivery, and so on.
You can check out the YouTube video below for more Amazon Prime Video vs. Netflix comparisons.
Netflix is not free with the Amazon Fire Stick. Using Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and other premium video streaming services with the Amazon Fire Stick require an independent subscription; they are not included in Amazon Fire Stick for free.
However, Amazon Fire Stick includes several free channels that let you watch some selected content without paying extra money or signing up for a membership.
Netflix is not free on Amazon Prime UK. However, your Amazon Prime membership grants you access to Amazon Prime Video, a competing on-demand streaming service offering over 24,000 well-known films, TV shows, and music.
You can stream Netflix on the Amazon Fire Stick if you have a Netflix subscription. Simply connect your Amazon Fire Stick device to the TV and configure it.
Here is a simple, step-by-step tutorial on how to use Netflix with the Amazon Fire Stick:
- Navigate to the home screen and select “Search.”
- Select “Netflix” from the list of choices after typing “Netflix.”
- Decide between “Free” and “Download.”
- After finishing the download, select “Open” to launch the program.
- Then click “Sign In.”
- Enter your Netflix login information, which includes your email address and password.
Your Netflix account is now active. Enjoy!
Amazon Prime membership perks do not include free access to Netflix, so instead, you must subscribe to Netflix separately. Depending on your subscription plan, Netflix costs $9.99 to $19.99 per month. However, you can enjoy free video streaming on Amazon Prime Video and other perks with your Prime membership.