Many people choose Amazon Prime Video as the perfect home streaming choice. An Amazon Prime account allows users to stream many movies and TV shows on different devices. But how many devices can use Amazon Prime Video at the same time?
Amazon allows you to add up to 6 users to your Amazon Prime Video account. But only three different devices can stream movies on the account at the same time, and only two users can simultaneously see videos with the same title on two devices at the same time.
It is a common practice for users to share their accounts with friends and family. However, there is a limit to how many people can simultaneously watch videos on a single Amazon Prime Video account. Read on to find out what rules or restrictions apply.
You can have multiple users on Amazon Prime.
Amazon allows you to create as many as six user profiles on a single Amazon Prime Video account. Amazon allows the users to include the default primary user and any other five additional profiles. This option is usually accessible to a household of two adults and four teens.
The account of the six users is interlinked to one primary account; however, each account has its history, watchlist, and other activities. Members of the household below the age of 13 can only access content approved by either of the two adult users.
When more than three people try to use Amazon Prime Video simultaneously, they may experience difficulty watching videos and using other features. For instance, all of them may get kicked out of the queue and have to wait until one person leaves before the other three can use Amazon Prime Video simultaneously.
Simultaneous requests are usually problematic, especially when two or more people are trying to see the same video stream simultaneously. This way, they can easily interfere with each other’s experiences.
The only permissible instance where three users can watch Amazon Prime Video without any glitches is when that is done for movies with different titles and on different devices.
Yes, you can increase the number of devices that can use Amazon Prime Video at the same time. Amazon allows up to six users to have accounts linked to one primary account, and these accounts can be created on the different devices of the particular users to be added.
These users can all use Amazon Prime Videos at the same time; however, the limitation that Amazon has placed is that not more than two persons can view a movie with the same title simultaneously.
Amazon allows you to have six different users access the same series on the same Amazon Prime Video account; however, the users or devices cannot all concurrently stream with the same account.
The concurrent streams using the same Amazon account enable only three users to access the Amazon Prime account at the same time and only two simultaneous streams of the same series.
So, only two people can watch the same series on the same Amazon Prime Video account.
How to Add a Device to Amazon Prime
Adding an extra device to your Amazon Prime is easy. To do this, follow these steps:
- Using the Amazon app, log into your account
- Click on the “Devices” icon
- Tap on the “+” sign appearing on the screen.
- Select “Add Device.”
- Enter the name of the device you want to add and click on “Save.”
Some other devices, like smart TVs, require an entirely different approach. A registration code is required on your computer or smartphone for confirmation or verification.
- Launch the Prime Video app on your smart TV.
- Click on “Sign in.”
- Go to Amazon.com on your smartphone or internet browser.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Copy and enter the six-letter registration code on your smart TV screen.
- Finally, patiently wait for the completion of the registration process.
How to Remove a Device From Amazon Prime
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Tap on “Account & Lists.”
- Click on “Manage Content and Devices.”
- Tap on “Devices,” and all the different devices connected to your Amazon account appear.
- Click on the particular device name you wish to remove.
- Tap the “Deregister” icon to remove the device from your Amazon Prime account.
Amazon Prime Video is not supported on all devices currently; however, the following devices are compatible with Amazon Prime Video.
- The Prime Video app for Android, iOS, and other Mobile devices.
- The Amazon Prime Video website.
- Games Consoles like PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, any of the Xbox Series, etc.,
- Amazon Devices
- Blu-Ray Players
- Smart TVs
Amazon Prime Video is a streaming platform allowing users to stream movies on different compatible devices. While you can have six users on a single Prime Video Account, only three different devices can stream videos simultaneously on Amazon Prime Video, and only two users can stream the same movie simultaneously.