Amazon Flex has revolutionized how Amazon delivers packages, making it easier and more decentralized.
While people are eager to join Amazon Flex and deliver packages, they’re not sure how long it takes for Amazon Flex to verify drivers’ licenses. So, how long does Amazon Flex take to verify drivers license?
How Long Does Amazon Flex Take to Verify Drivers License?
Amazon Flex takes 2 to 5 days to verify your driver’s license. How long this process eventually takes depends on how quickly Amazon Flex can verify your information and complete your background check. You can contact Amazon Flex support if it takes longer than five days.
The driver’s license verification process may take longer than usual (about a few weeks) if there are any errors on your driver’s license or if you have a criminal record. Here’s what you need to know about driver’s license verification on Amazon Flex.
Does Amazon Flex Check Driving Records?
Yes, Amazon Flex will check your driving records. Amazon Flex partners with Accurate Background, a third-party agent, to conduct background checks that go as far back as seven years.
They also check your driving records to check if you’ve committed any infractions over time and how severe they were, if any). During the driver’s license verification process, Amazon Flex makes sure to check the following:
- Driving Status
- License Classification
- Violation Codes
Amazon Flex will check if your driver’s license is active and free of disqualifying restrictions. Common red flags that can lead to disqualification include:
- Multiple minor driving violations
- Major driving violations
This check is very important to Amazon Flex because of the nature of the service you would be expected to render once enlisted with Amazon Flex. They often prefer to work with licensed drivers who have had few or no accidents.
Can I Speed Up the Amazon Flex Driver License Verification?
The most reliable means of speeding up your driver’s license verification with Amazon Flex is to provide correct information at every stage of the driver’s license verification application. Also, you must live in a city where Amazon Flex operates.
Be sure that there is no contradictory information whatsoever. Make sure to get the application right by:
- Uploading a clear, proper image of your driver’s license, not a screenshot or a photocopied document scan.
- Ensuring that the driver’s license has a very clear photograph of you.
- Submitting a government-issued driver’s license.
- Ensuring your driver’s license is in good condition (be sure it has no cracks, holes, or breaks).
- Ensuring the license contains the same information you supplied on the online platform during the application (e.g., your names in the correct order; state and driver’s license number, etc.).
Amazon Flex Driving License Requirements
So what are the Amazon Flex driving license requirements you’re expected to meet? To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid social security number (SSN)
- Pass a background check
- Have access to a qualifying vehicle.
- Have a valid driver’s license in the state you’re applying to.
- Show your proof of insurance coverage.
- Have a smartphone with Android 6.0 or newer or an iPhone 6s or higher (iOS 14 or higher).
- Use passports with a dark background.
Can I Reapply if My Amazon Flex Driver License Verification Failed?
You can reapply if your driver’s license verification application failed previously.
But before reapplying, look through the application that failed and understand why your driver’s license verification failed. Go on to fix your license, then reapply.
Usually, the verification would be successful if you satisfied all the Amazon Flex driving license requirements. But if the verification still doesn’t work, you may have to call Amazon Flex customer service to find out what’s wrong.
Does Amazon Flex Take Temporary License
Amazon Flex does not accept a temporary license. For driver verification, Amazon Flex only accepts a permanent driver’s license. You should also have a physical ID from the government, not a scan, copy, or screenshot of a license.
The license you provide must also match all the supplied information on the app (age, name, state, birth date, license number). Remember: you must be at least 21 years old.
You may successfully qualify to drive for Amazon Flex once you obtain your permanent driver’s license, irrespective of your years of driving experience.
Amazon Flex Passenger Policy
Amazon Flex drivers are advised not to take passengers while making deliveries across town. This is because some deliveries and pickups may take longer than usual and keep the driver away from the vehicle for longer periods.
Also, Amazon’s commercial insurance does not cover any passengers in the delivery vehicle in case of an accident.
However, if you insist on taking a passenger along with you, take note of the following:
- The passenger must always remain in the vehicle while you pick up packages from Amazon.com stations. If the passenger needs to leave the vehicle, they should be escorted by a station employee.
- The passenger may have to remain in the car or parking lot while you pick up items from Prime Now, Whole Foods, Amazon Fresh, and other store locations. They can’t go into the store’s restricted pickup areas or delivery stations.
- Ensure your car has enough room for your passenger or pet and all the packages you are supposed to deliver.
- Except for passengers with service animals, passengers are not allowed to interact with customers. Passengers with non-service pets cannot accompany you while you deliver packages to customers.
- A passenger must not drive your vehicle while you deliver packages for Amazon Flex.
Can All Cars Be Used for Amazon Flex
No, not all cars can be used for Amazon Flex. Your car must be able to safely and reliably transport Amazon packages to customers.
The approved car types are a four-door midsize sedan, a truck with a covered bed, an SUV, or a van.
Is it Hard to Get a Job at Amazon Flex?
Because more people want to drive for Amazon Flex, it could be difficult to get a job at Amazon Flex. The more applicants, the longer it may take them to get back to you.
On average, it’s easier to get hired as a driver at Amazon Flex than with most other jobs. You don’t need to answer complex questions or attend face-to-face interviews. Once you have a clean and up-to-date record, you have better chances.
Amazon Flex takes 2–5 days to verify your driver’s license. Be sure to submit correct and matching information so there’s no delay in the verification process. If there are many applications, verifying your license might take longer. You must live in a city where Flex operates to verify your license.
Welcome to CompanyScouts! I am Jake, the founder of CompanyScouts. I hold an Msc in Economics and Business Administration. With a deep interest in the consumer segment, I strive to help people get to know their favorite companies even better.