Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service from Amazon that offers additional services to prime members like free deliveries, free streaming, etc.
If you enjoy listening to music on Spotify, you may wonder if you can do that for free with Amazon Prime. So, is Spotify free with Amazon Prime?
Spotify is not free with Amazon Prime, and you need to purchase Spotify premium as a separate service from Amazon to access this service. Prime subscribers can use the free Spotify version, albeit with limitations. However, Amazon has a music streaming service called Amazon Music Prime that’s free to Prime users.
Check out this article for more details on the deals that Amazon Prime members may take advantage of, including information on Spotify’s services on Amazon Prime.
You can get Spotify through Amazon Prime. It’s easy to use Spotify on your Amazon Fire TV or Echo device. Here’s how to get Spotify through Amazon.
- Download the app from the Amazon App Store.
- Open the app and select Sign Up Now from the menu on the home screen.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your subscription, which takes about five minutes. Once you do that, you’re all set!
If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can listen to music from Spotify using the Amazon Music app.
You can stream and listen to cool songs in many ways, but Spotify is a great way to enjoy your favorite tunes. The app will work on any device with an internet connection, and here’s how to connect Spotify and Alexa.
- First, download the Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play or App store and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your new Amazon Echo or Echo Dot.
- Once installed, open it and sign in with your account information.
- Select the “More” button in the bottom toolbar.
- Tap Settings, scroll down, and choose the option “Music & Podcasts.”
- Then choose “Add a new streaming service” and select Spotify.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Spotify account to your Amazon Music account.
Make Spotify your default service if you don’t want Alexa to say “on Spotify” whenever you ask her to play music. You can do this by opening the Default Services menu from the Music & Podcasts menu and choosing Spotify.
How Much Is Spotify on Amazon?
On Amazon, a 12-month subscription to Spotify Premium costs $99.
Following your purchase, Amazon will email you a Spotify Premium gift card. There is also the option of purchasing a 6-month Spotify Premium subscription for $60 or a 3-month subscription for $30.
Subscribers who purchase this service receive ad-free music, high-quality audio, millions of songs, and thousands of podcasts, anywhere, at any time, without needing an Internet connection.
Students who are Amazon Prime members can enjoy many perks like a free month of Spotify Premium. From there, they can enjoy a 50% discount on the monthly subscription, paying $4.99 per month instead of $9.99.
While people who are not students can also enjoy the free 30-day premium trial and access Spotify Premium free, they will need to pay the full monthly fee of $9.99 to use Spotify Premium.
To qualify, you’ll need to log in to your Amazon Student account and look for the Spotify option on the student discount page—it will say “Get a Free Month of Unlimited Music” under the Buy Now button.
You’ll need to confirm that you’re eligible for this offer before you’re able to see it—the deal is only available once per student account.
Spotify is a separate company from Amazon, owned by its founders Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, while Jeff Bezos owns Amazon. Users can, however, download Spotify from the Amazon Playstore.
Spotify offers a similar music streaming service to Amazon Music and targets a similar audience. Users can access Spotify with Amazon devices. Additionally, customers can purchase memberships and subscription gift cards for Spotify on Amazon.com.
There are two features on Spotify: Spotify’s paid and free editions. Subscribers using free Spotify can listen to their favorite music online; however, there are restrictions. For example, free users cannot enjoy music offline and would see several ad interruptions.
The premium, ad-free premium version is available. This feature gives premium users unlimited skips, no ad interruptions, and offline access. Because Spotify premium music includes more data points, the sound quality is superior to the free version.
Amazon music prime is free to use for Amazon Prime subscribers. Amazon music prime offers over 2 million tracks, infinite skips, and no ads. Prime subscribers also have offline access to music.
As an Amazon Prime member, if you want to listen to more tracks on more than one device at a time, you will have to subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited for only $8.99/month. This way, you get about 75 million songs in ultra HD and spatial audio.
Popular music streaming services like Amazon Music and Spotify give users access to millions of songs at affordable costs on their devices.
You would like one music app over the other for different reasons. Some reasons include audio quality, premium options, ad-free services, etc.
- Spotify users have access to the entire library; however, in the case of Amazon Music, the number of Amazon music channels you can listen to in the free plan is significantly limited.
- Amazon Music Prime has excellent audio quality, whereas Spotify’s sound quality is inferior to Amazon Music HD.
- Amazon Music does not offer a live radio stream.
- Amazon Music lets you download and listen to music offline on any device. Spotify premium subscribers can also download podcasts and music to listen to offline. Spotify Free subscribers would occasionally be interrupted by ads.
- Amazon Music is only available in 50 countries, but Spotify is available in 184 countries.
- Spotify boasts over 60 million compositions, slightly higher than Amazon Music.
- Spotify is more user-friendly, while Amazon comes at a lower price.
- On Paid plans, Amazon’s audio quality is better than Spotify.
Spotify isn’t free with Amazon Prime, and users must subscribe to Spotify premium at around $99 every 12 months. Students can enjoy a 50% discount on the monthly subscription, paying $4.99 monthly. You can always use Amazon Prime Music for free if you don’t want to subscribe to a different streaming service.