Rating movies help others who may be interested in seeing a movie to know what to expect and also help you find related movies easily, helping with future personal recommendations.
So, if you want better movie recommendations on Amazon Prime, you may wonder how to rate them.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime
To rate movies on Amazon Prime using the customer review method, log in to your Amazon account and click on ‘Accounts and lists.’ Select ‘your prime video’ in the drop-down list and locate the movie you want to review. Select the movie, write a review and give your ratings.
That is just one out of several methods to rate movies on Amazon Prime. Keep reading to see how to rate movies on Amazon Prime and understand why you can’t rate some movies.
Can You Rate Movies on Prime Video?
At the moment, you cannot directly rate movies on Prime Video. Many people don’t know how to rate movies on prime video because it’s not so obvious. So, it’s not out of the ordinary that you’re a little confused about how to go about it.
However, you can still rate your favorite movies on this streaming platform using the customer review method, improving recommendations option, or using the IMDB app.
Method 1: Customer Review
The customer review method is one of the several methods available for movie ratings on Amazon Prime.
Here’s how to rate a movie using the customer review method:
- Open your preferred browser.
- Go to ‘Amazon’ on your browser.
- Sign in with your Amazon account.
- Check the lists option at the top right corner.
- Select the ‘your prime video’ option.
- Find the movies you want to review or search for the movie.
- Select the movie you have searched in the search tab and open it.
- Tap the ‘write your review’ option at the top right corner. Now you will get the option to give ratings and write your review.
Method 2: Improving Recommendations
This is another method to drop movie ratings on Amazon Prime Video. The reviews you give through this method are usually unavailable for public view. Instead, it would be used by Amazon prime to streamline and personalize your video recommendations.
- Open the Amazon website.
- Select options on the down arrow on the accounts and lists option at the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘your recommendation’ option.
- Select ‘improve your recommendations’: This will open a new tab. Now select the ‘improve your recommendations’ option.
- Click on the ‘videos you have watched’ option to find the movies.
- Choose the movie you’ll like to rate
- Open the movie and drop your rating.
Method 3: IMDB App
IMDB is one of the most popular services for rating movies and TV shows. Whenever you watch any content on Amazon Prime, you see ‘IMDB ratings’ at the top left corner of the app.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to rate movies on IMDB.
- Open the IMDB web page on your browser.
- Now sign in with your Amazon account.
- Now find the movie you want to rate. Use the search option on the top to find it fast. Open the movie.
- Click on the ‘rate this’ option at the top right corner.
Amazon Prime Video Star Rating System
The star rating system on Amazon Prime Video allows users to drop their ratings based on a five-star rating. The full five-star rating represents an excellent movie in all aspects, while the one-star/no-star rating represents gross dissatisfaction with the movie.
This star rating system cannot stand on its own, as people may sometimes misinterpret it, making it less effective in communicating the movie’s impression to the user dropping the review. So, you can add a written review using any of the three methods.
Why Can’t I Rate Movies on Amazon Prime App?
There are several reasons you might be unable to rate movies on the Amazon Prime App. Ordinarily, registered and duly signed-in members should be able to rate movies on Amazon Prime.
Sometimes, you might need to buy or pay a rental fee for some movie titles before you would be allowed to watch and drop your rating of the movie on Amazon Prime.
If you have problems in rating movies on Amazon Prime Application, look carefully at the following:
- Ensure you are signed into your Amazon account. Check to confirm. If you are not, sign in and try again.
- Ensure you are using the Amazon Prime website, not the application.
- Check to see the country restrictions. Is your country permitted to drop ratings/reviews on Amazon Prime Video?
- Confirm your Amazon Prime membership. If you are not an Amazon Prime member, you would be unable to drop ratings and reviews on movies.
- Confirm the availability of the movie on Amazon Prime. If the movie is not on Amazon Prime, you would not be able to rate it.
- Ensure you have watched the video before attempting to leave a review or rating.
Any or all of the above points listed might be the reason for your inability to rate movies on the Amazon Prime app. Look carefully at the issues mentioned, fix them appropriately (where possible) and try again.
If the issue remains unsolved, contact Amazon customer service on their website, email them, or give them a call.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime on Smart TV
Amazon Prime Video does not currently allow its viewers to drop their reviews/ratings on movies directly from Smart TVs. However, Amazon Prime might be working to improve this as soon as possible.
Amazon has always been known for its visionary and customer-centric approach to things. So, you can let Amazon know your thoughts via their website or customer service.
There are three methods you can use to rate movies on Amazon Prime. These are the customer review method, the improving recommendations method, and the IMDB app. You need to have seen the movies you want to rate on your Amazon Prime account to qualify to rate the movie.
Welcome to CompanyScouts! I am Jake, the founder of CompanyScouts. I hold an Msc in Economics and Business Administration. With a deep interest in the consumer segment, I strive to help people get to know their favorite companies even better.