Are you looking to buy groceries through Walmart’s delivery service with food stamps or EBT?
There are a few things you should know before you begin this process.
In this article, we explain everything in detail!
You can use EBT for Walmart grocery delivery services, as well as Walmart grocery curbside pickup services. When checking out online or on Walmart’s app, you must add your EBT card as well as a debit and credit card (for any other items and for fees).
- You can use EBT for Walmart grocery delivery and Walmart grocery curbside pickup services.
- You must also add a debit or credit card to your order, even if you only buy EBT-eligible items, to cover the fee.
- Any items not EBT eligible will also be charged to your attached card.
Below, we explain how to easily use EBT when checking out an order for Walmart’s grocery delivery service. Here, you’ll learn everything you need to know!
It is very easy to use EBT when ordering a Walmart grocery delivery. You can do this by:
- Creating a Walmart account online or on the app, if you haven’t already
- Updating your information to add your EBT card
- Finding EBT-eligible items to add to your cart (they are marked online)
- Continuing the checkout process
- Adding a debit or credit card to your order to cover any items that aren’t EBT eligible and to cover the delivery fee
- Complete your order
Unfortunately, there are only certain states that have approved Walmart customers to use SNAP EBT online. These states include:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Walmart customers can buy a variety of food with SNAP. This food includes:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Any type of meat, fish, or poultry
- Milk and any type of dairy products
- Seeds or plants that can be used to make food
Customers cannot buy any food that is hot or cooked with their SNAP benefits. They also cannot buy any non-food items.
EBT cards can have other benefits (other than SNAP) that allow them to buy food or groceries. Each individual program can have different requirements, so it’s important to understand what your program does and does not offer!
Keep reading to see a list of all the things you can buy with EBT at Walmart.
Yes, you can use EBT for Walmart curbside pickup! This process is similar to ordering online when using Walmart’s grocery delivery service.
All you have to do is ensure that your EBT is connected to your Walmart account. You should also ensure that you have a credit or debit card attached.
Once you have all of this, you should have no problems whatsoever!
Walmart allows customers to use EBT for both Walmart grocery delivery and Walmart pickup. Customers can add their EBT card online or on the app when ordering.
However, customers must also add a credit or debit card to the order to account for any other items or fees added. The EBT card will be charged for all EBT-eligible items, whereas the credit or debit card will be charged for everything else.