Are you unsure if you are supposed to tip Walmart grocery pickup employees?
Like many good-natured people, you may want to appreciate the courtesy and good qualities of grocery pickup employees who make shopping so easy for you.
Read on to find out.
You are not supposed to tip Walmart grocery pickup employees because Walmart doesn’t allow them to receive tips. If they do accept tips, they could lose their jobs. To show appreciation for the kindness and courtesy of a pickup employee, you can use the Walmart customer survey form.
- Walmart does not allow grocery pickup employees to accept tips.
- You can show a Walmart pickup employee appreciation by filling out the Walmart customer survey form.
- Walmart does not allow pick-up employees to accept tips because they are paid higher compared to jobs that allow employees to accept tips.
Keep reading to learn more about why Walmart doesn’t allow you to tip curbside grocery pickup employees and what you can do instead.
Generally, Walmart policy prohibits employees, including curbside grocery pickup employees, from accepting tips from customers.
So, any employee who accepts tips from Walmart customers violates the Walmart code of conduct and the Walmart gifts & gratitudes guidelines, which may result in termination.
If you are wondering whether or not you should tip when you pick up groceries, always remember that Walmart pickup employees are not allowed to accept tips from customers.
Although Walmart policy does not allow tips, you can give your positive review of an employee or even Walmart in general by filling out the Walmart customer survey form.
Here is an easy way to compliment Walmart pickup employees or Walmart in general:
- Go to Walmart.com
- Select “Store Experience” from the list displayed on your screen.
- Select “Next.”
- Input as many compliments as you would like to give to the employee or Walmart, in general, in the “Your comment” box.
- Input your name, address, and zip code under “Your Information.”
- Select “Next.”
- Choose the store you want to compliment. If you cannot locate the store, search for the zip code or address of the store or reach out to customer care via the “Contact us” button.
- Confirm that you are not a robot in the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Select “Next” and submit.
Does Walmart Compensate Pickup Employees for Not Receiving Tips?
Walmart compensates pickup employees for not receiving tips from customers. This is usually done by increasing their hourly wages and promoting them to higher positions at Walmart.
Walmart currently pays a base pay of about $19 per hour to pick up employees. They also give them appreciation bonuses, store incentive programs, etc.
Also, Walmart pickup employees enjoy a higher salary than at other companies where employees are allowed to collect tips.
So, you should not worry about giving Walmart pickup employees tips and not feel bad when you don’t give them tips. This way, you’re doing the pickup employees well since you’re not tempting them with tips.
But does the price you pay for grocery pickup already include the tips? No. Because using the Walmart grocery pickup service is the same as going to the Walmart store yourself, and the price for Walmart grocery pickup is the same as that of groceries if you shop in-store.
Walmart keeps the price the same (and not higher) because they encourage customers to opt for the Walmart pickup service to satisfy all customers and, simultaneously, avoid a congested environment for Walmart stores.
Walmart policy prevents Walmart grocery pickup employees from accepting tips from customers. Customers who wish to compliment Walmart or any Walmart employee can express their appreciation by filling out the Walmart customer survey form.
Any employee that accepts tips from Walmart customers risks being fired or queried by Walmart. While Walmart does not allow employees to accept tips from customers, it is one of the retail companies with the highest salary payment for employees.